Overview of Our ServicesCirrent is a connected-product technology provider to manufacturers, distributors, resellers, retailers and service providers (“Clients“) of commercial and consumer products and services. Our technology and services enable our Clients to connect their products to the Internet so that they and their customer users (“End Users“) can monitor and control them remotely, either directly through mobile or web-based applications or in sync with other Connected Products. We provide the communications technology that is embedded in our Clients’ Connected Products. We also operate the cloud-based services (“Cirrent Cloud“) that collect, hold, manage, and analyze data from Connected Products and enable communications between the Connected Products, our Clients, and Internet service providers (each an “ISP“) whose networks are used to connect the products to the Internet.
Collection of Information via Our WebsiteIf you create an account on the Cirrent website available at www.cirrent.com, we will collect your first and last name, email address, and company name. If you fill out a form to download educational content or sign up for an event on the Cirrent website, we will collect your first and last name, email address, and company name. We will process this information in order to provide you with educational content in the future. We also will collect your email address if you subscribe to our newsletter. If you apply for commercial credit, purchase a service, or download a software update, we may also collect a variety of Personal Data including, without limitation, your name, job title, employer, work mailing address, work phone number, work email address, contact preferences, and payment card information. If you apply for a job through our website, we will collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, and resume. If you choose to provide us with contact or other Personal Information about a prior supervisor, reference or other third party, it is your responsibility to obtain his or her consent to provide this information to us. We automatically log information about the computers and devices you use to access our website and view our email messages, as well as information about how you interact with our website and emails. This information may include, without limitation:
- Records of the web pages and content you view and links you click on while navigating within our site;
- Information about your interactions with our video or audio content;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- The time and duration of your visit and information about how long you visited particular pages or features of our site;
- The site you visited before visiting our website and the site you visited after visiting our website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your ISP so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your computer online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our site or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device; and
- Information collected through Cookies, Pixel Tags, Analytics Services, and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
How the Information We Collect is UsedWe may use the information we collect as follows:
- We use the Anonymous Data we receive through our Connected Product services to provide connectivity, control, and feedback for the Connected Product. For example, we may use this data to determine that a Wi-Fi password should be sent down to a particular device.
- We use the Anonymous Data collected from your Connected Product to help our Clients assign the correct End User account to the product and to prevent unintended users from setting up or controlling your product.
- We use Personal Data collected from our website to respond to comments and questions, fulfill requests and provide customer service.
- We use Personal Data collected from our website to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use Personal Data collected from our website users, including without limitation, the e-mail and postal addresses registered to your account to send communications about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- If you apply for a job through our website, we use the Personal Data you submit to process and respond to your job application, including to assess your skills and interest in job opportunities, conduct reference checks, verify the information provided, and for compliance with corporate governance and legal and regulatory requirements. Personal Data that you submit may also be added to our candidate database for future consideration when job vacancies arise. If you are hired, we may also use the information collected during the application process for other business purposes relating to your employment.
- We may aggregate individual Anonymous Data records to create new Anonymous Data.
- We may also create Anonymous Data records, in either individual or aggregate form, from Personal Data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable.
- We use Personal Data and Anonymous Data to operate, maintain, and improve our website, products, and services, including but not limited to, for auditing, data analysis, and research purposes and to help us make sales, marketing, and other business decisions.
- We use Personal Data and Anonymous Data to protect, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and for loss prevention purposes.
- In any manner for which an individual has provided consent.
- In order to provide our products and services and fulfill our obligations to our Clients.
- To service providers who need it to do work for us.
- If we believe that we have a legal obligation to do so, such as to comply with applicable laws and legal processes.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes such as when we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of Cirrent, our Clients, End Users, or others.
- In connection with a business transaction, or negotiation of a business transaction, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include, without limitation, a corporate merger, financing, acquisition, sale of assets, bankruptcy transaction or proceeding, or other similar transaction.