A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it is collected and may be transferred to and processed in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal data may be less protective than the laws in your country.
A Note to Users Under the Age of 13. We do not intentionally collect Personal Data from users who are under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected Personal Data from a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cirrent is a connected-product technology provider to manufacturers, distributors, resellers, retailers and service providers (“Clients“) of commercial and consumer products and services. Our technology and services enable our Clients to connect their products to the Internet so that they and their customer users (“End Users“) can monitor and control them remotely, either directly through mobile or web-based applications or in sync with other Connected Products. We provide the communications technology that is embedded in our Clients’ Connected Products. We also operate the cloud-based services (“Cirrent Cloud“) that collect, hold, manage, and analyze data from Connected Products and enable communications between the Connected Products, our Clients, and Internet service providers (each an “ISP“) whose networks are used to connect the products to the Internet.
To provide our services, we and our service providers receive Anonymous Data from our Clients’ products and related mobile applications (together, the “Connected Products“). This data may include information about the Connected Product such as its make, model, device type (e.g. thermostat, light bulb, smart plug, etc.), unique device identifier (UDID), MAC address, geographic location, and IP address. We may also collect the SSIDs and BSSIDs of Wi-Fi networks that are in range of the Connected Product, network traffic usage patterns, the ISP to which the product is currently connected, its current state of connectivity (i.e. whether a device is on or off the network), and its connectivity history (i.e. a record of when the product was first setup and when it was last connected, etc.).
The Connected Product’s IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to it by an ISP. The UDID (or similar ID) and MAC address are unique identification numbers associated with each Connected Product. Our servers automatically log the IP address, UDID and/or MAC address of each Connected Product whenever it connects to or communicates with the Cirrent Cloud, together with the time(s) of such connection(s) or communications and information about the functions and features within the Cirrent Cloud that were accessed and used.
If you create an account on the Cirrent website available at www.cirrent.com, we will collect your first and last name, email address, and company name.
We also will collect your email address if you subscribe to our newsletter.
If you apply for commercial credit, purchase a service, or download a software update, we may also collect a variety of Personal Data including, without limitation, your name, job title, employer, work mailing address, work phone number, work email address, contact preferences, and payment card information.
If you apply for a job through our website, we will collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, and resume. If you choose to provide us with contact or other Personal Information about a prior supervisor, reference or other third party, it is your responsibility to obtain his or her consent to provide this information to us.
We automatically log information about the computers and devices you use to access our website and view our email messages, as well as information about how you interact with our website and emails. This information may include, without limitation:
- Records of the web pages and content you view and links you click on while navigating within our site;
- Information about your interactions with our video or audio content;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- The time and duration of your visit and information about how long you visited particular pages or features of our site;
- The site you visited before visiting our website and the site you visited after visiting our website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your ISP so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your computer online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our site or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device; and
- Information collected through Cookies, Pixel Tags, Analytics Services, and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals from web browsers.
We and our service providers also may log information using Cookies. “Cookies” are small data files stored on the user’s hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once your web browser is closed) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide users with a more personal and interactive experience on our website.
When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (sometimes also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages or email messages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to help ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users.
We also collect Personal Data from you at other points on our website that state that Personal Data is being collected.
We may use the information we collect as follows:
- We use the Anonymous Data we receive through our Connected Product services to provide connectivity, control, and feedback for the Connected Product. For example, we may use this data to determine that a Wi-Fi password should be sent down to a particular device.
- We use the Anonymous Data collected from your Connected Product to help our Clients assign the correct End User account to the product and to prevent unintended users from setting up or controlling your product.
- We use Personal Data collected from our website to respond to comments and questions, fulfill requests and provide customer service.
- We use Personal Data collected from our website to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use Personal Data collected from our website users, including without limitation, the e-mail and postal addresses registered to your account to send communications about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- If you apply for a job through our website, we use the Personal Data you submit to process and respond to your job application, including to assess your skills and interest in job opportunities, conduct reference checks, verify the information provided, and for compliance with corporate governance and legal and regulatory requirements. Personal Data that you submit may also be added to our candidate database for future consideration when job vacancies arise. If you are hired, we may also use the information collected during the application process for other business purposes relating to your employment.
- We may aggregate individual Anonymous Data records to create new Anonymous Data.
- We may also create Anonymous Data records, in either individual or aggregate form, from Personal Data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable.
- We use Personal Data and Anonymous Data to operate, maintain, and improve our website, products, and services, including but not limited to, for auditing, data analysis, and research purposes and to help us make sales, marketing, and other business decisions.
- We use Personal Data and Anonymous Data to protect, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and for loss prevention purposes.
We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data for any purpose in our sole discretion. For example, we may disclose Connected Product data and/or other Anonymous Data to Clients and/or ISPs with which Cirrent has established relationships for their own uses, including, without limitation, for their respective marketing, research, product support, customer service and product development purposes.
In addition, we may disclose the information we collect:
- In any manner for which an individual has provided consent.
- In order to provide our products and services and fulfill our obligations to our Clients.
- To service providers who need it to do work for us.
- If we believe that we have a legal obligation to do so, such as to comply with applicable laws and legal processes.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes such as when we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of Cirrent, our Clients, End Users, or others.
- In connection with a business transaction, or negotiation of a business transaction, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include, without limitation, a corporate merger, financing, acquisition, sale of assets, bankruptcy transaction or proceeding, or other similar transaction.
Because we do not have direct relationships with End Users and do not collect Personal Information from Connected Products, any request to access, correct, amend or delete inaccurate Personal Data associated with your Connected Product should be directed to the applicable product manufacturer.
If you have subscribed to our electronic newsletter, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each electronic newsletter we send or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our website for any of the purposes described above, then you may change your browser settings to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites visited. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all of the features and functions of our website.
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account on our website by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor requests for Personal Data deletion from our website, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect the Personal Data that we collect from you from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information on our website. Please do not disclose your account password to anyone. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and accordingly we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, Personal Data collected by third parties, including Clients and ISPs.